Wednesday 25 April 2012

Introduction


Hi!
I’m Lotte. I’ve been um-ing and ah-ing about starting a blog for a while. So last week, when I was accepted on a PGCE course starting in September, I decided to blog about becoming a teacher. Mostly I’m writing for myself, so I can look back and review how far I’ve come, and what I’ve learnt; but also, I hope this provides a resource for those considering teaching, along with making connections with other educators.

Now, I’m under no illusions that the course is going to be incredibly demanding, but I’ve stumbled across a variety of people who opt-in to teaching because it’s an easy option: those who can’t do, teach. Right?

Wrong. It’s been an uphill climb just to get here. I’ve still got to actually start (and complete) the course, to find a job and survive the NQT (Newly Qualified Teacher) year. This is what I’m going to blog about. Hopefully, by the end of the NQT year, I will have developed connections with other educators, so this blog can become a place for the sharing of ideas and approaches. That part’s years  away.

Anyway, it’ll be a bit slow going at first. But after September, things will happen more regularly. I will attempt to document the highs and lows of training to be a teacher; there will be photos, there will (probably) be cakes, and there will (inevitably) be breakfast!

I hope you can join me on the journey. I welcome all comments, and website/blog suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment