Saturday 23 February 2013

Limbo

First, an apology. I've been having serious internet issues. As a result I've been fairly absent from this blog and Twitter and everywhere. Every time I do get to connect (usually via the phone), I realise that I'm missing so much.

Anywho, for the moment- I'm back.

These two weeks where we're not in school are weird. We still have to attend uni, but we have Friday and sometimes Thursday off. I genuinely don't know what to do with myself on these days. Sure, I know I have things to do, but having so much time is a strange concept to me now.

The days off haven't been entirely wasted- I have started writing again. Not having the time or energy to write has been frustrating me during the placement. It's a balance I need to find in my second school.


This week we went to a different school for a media conference. The school wasn't what I expected, and the staff (I think) thought we knew more about media than what we actually did. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the three days- even if some of language went straight over my head (I genuinely thought an "ident" was typo. It's not.) I started generating ideas as to how I could incorporate some of the media methods and features into my English classroom. If that's all I take away from it, that's fine by me.

Next week we'll be developing ideas for a language conference which we're delivering. Considering we have one language expert in the group and we've had one session about English Language, this should be interesting. I like the "expanding my subject knowledge" part of this course though. It's nice to know I'm still learning and to be actively participating in my learning.

And, on Thursday, I'll visit my second school. I still haven't quite figured out how to get there. Test run tomorrow, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment