Monday 3 June 2013

3 Weeks

I have started a countdown- mostly it's in terms of "number of lessons left with worst class"- after Wednesday we'll be down to single figures!! I think like that, but I'm still trying approaches to get them to behave and do some work/learning, especially as I'm being observed with them.

That is why I can't quite see the end of the tunnel: The Uni Observation.

I've not actually met the tutor doing the observation, but apparently he's lovely. I am worried about the class though. I take the advice I'm given. I apply it exactly as suggested, but the students still completely ignore me. I'm still really shocked at their behaviour- and the school's lack of support. 

I'm sensing another issue arising, and I had a bit of moan about it earlier; but as it's still unfolding, and I'm still in the school, I guess I'll keep my blogger mouth closed for a bit to see how it unfolds...

Anyway, on a cheerier note. I got all of my marking done over the holiday, and I'm pleased with the observation lesson which I've planned- let's just hope it works out on the day. But I do need to sort my folders.

Top Tip for budding trainees: File as you go.I did this during TP1 and it made life so much easier, but it's something which I've let slip in my second school. So, a busy few days of printing and evidencing lay ahead!

Once this observation's out of the way, the end will be in sight. This year has absolutely flown by, particularly this second placement. Need to get a wriggle on with sorting things for my new job in September, such as somewhere to live!

No comments:

Post a Comment