Monday 11 June 2012

After the Slumber of Half Term...

... It's Go! Go! Go!

I had a wonderful email today offering me a place to conduct my observations. Phew! I guess all that letter writing does pay-off, eventually.  

It's going to be happening in July, which is fantastic because it gives me lots of time to prepare all the questions I may have. (I don't want to bombard the school with questions, obviously, but I do have a report to write at the end of it all). The booklet I was sent names a few reports too, so I'll set about researching them. I waited until I had a place confirmed before researching because I was fairly sure I'd forget everything I read between reading and getting into a school.

I am so excited to be going back into school in a 'teacher' role- even if it is just observing. I don't want be a distraction at the back of the class, so I'll offer to help wherever I can. I figure it'll help the children to relax around me too. You should see my grin right now. I'm so happy! What a fantastic start to the week.

In book related news: The Fault In Our Stars has been read. It's beautiful. So well written. Hilarious in parts, absolutely devastating in others. I did cry. I recommend it to everyone- not just teenagers- to read. It was a welcome read after Naked too.

As with before, I'll post from my Goodreads review:

The book tells the story of Hazel, her family and the people she meets at her cancer support group: mainly Isaac and Augustus. It's based in Indianapolis, but travels to Amsterdam to meet Hazel's idol, author Peter Van Houten.

It's the first time I've read John Green, and I was not disappointed. His writing style is perfect: his characterisation is subtle, his descriptions are enough without being overpowering. I'm impressed at his choice of having a teenage girl as the narrator. He captures a female teenage voice so well

(There is some more to the review, but I've already said it in this post).

It really is a wonderful book.

No comments:

Post a Comment