Sunday 2 December 2012

Back to School

I've completed one full week in school and now it's December and freezing! Where did November go?

It's been a mixed week.


Good points: Delivered some starters which weren't complete disasters. I have things to evaluate and have begun identifying (and working on) my biggest weaknesses.
I planned a 'sketch' (it's slightly more detailed than a medium-term plan, but not to the extent of actual lesson plans) of what I want to do with y7 when I take them. Their host teacher seems impressed with my ideas. I feel more like a part of the department now- being there everyday helps.


Grumbles: Haven't begun my next essay, which is due early January. I only have a couple of lessons that I'm teaching with Y9 before xmas. I hope I'm not going to be at a loss for when I move to the second placement. Hopefully I'll get more after xmas. The y9 host teacher is lovely so I don't feel awkward approaching her to request stuff.



Still quite surprised by how little time we have on-placement.

My first 'profile review' is in two weeks- eek!

Pretty much finished my xmas shopping this weekend! WOW! So prepared.

And now to plan starters on paragraphs and apostrophes...

No comments:

Post a Comment